Capital Hill

The construction of Parliament House in Canberra, Australia, involved the removal of the top half of Capital Hill — the mound on which the structure was built. After the project was completed, most of the displaced earth was replaced on top of the building where a lush, green lawn now grows. While much of Canberra was designed by Walter Burley Griffin in 1913, this specific complex opened in 1988 and was designed to look like two boomerangs. Parliament House contains approximately 4,400 rooms.

-35.308056°, 149.124444°